＊ ＊ ＊
“I’ll reflect on it.”
It was the night after the laps in the Ngultrum Dungeon ended. A banquet was held for the First Royal Court Magician Division in a grand way.
I was sitting in the most important seat in the banquet hall at the inn, everyone excited to eat and drink to their heart’s content.
“I’ll reflect on it.”
However, if I could name one difference from a normal banquet, it would be my aspect.
Of the group members who came to pour me sake, eight or nine out of ten held a “note” in their hands and pasted it on me as they poured the alcohol.
Each time that happened, I would loudly utter “I’ll reflect on it”. Immediately after, everyone in the hall would go “hahaha”. What the heck is this?
“I’ll reflect on it.”
The note that was tagged to me right now had “I hit girls in the face” written on it. The place where they placed it was my forehead. Yeah…… It really stands out.
Ahh, the note I had on my shoulder had “Come at me, you shitty feminists” written on it. Who the hell wrote this? Alright, let’s remove it, I guess you won’t mind since this is a bit too extreme.
Ahh, it was useless. Damn you Silvia and your strict sense of justice. All because of that personality of hers……she was so angry at me in the room before coming to the banquet, but I guess she’s still mad.
Ahh, crap, this makes it hard to eat! You don’t usually put them in the forehead. I’m not a Jiangshi/Chinese vampire, you know……
“Hey, doing fine, boss? “
“I’m not a ramen shop! Don’t just lift it! “
I’m getting fed up with this. It’s nice to be able to have the Court Mages open up like this, but aren’t they getting overly familiar? Or is this how they usually are? They’re even more annoying since they’ve been drinking.
“Second, is it fun?? Is that fun!? “
“This isn’t fun at all, so don’t imitate them.”
After telling Eko that this wasn’t fun, she went on a food-gathering trip with a disappointed face. After a few minutes, she should come back with her plate filled with food everyone gave her. If I don’t stop her soon, she might fall sick from overeating again, so I turned my gaze towards Silvia. It seems the message was conveyed since she said to leave it to her.
Noisy―― In a moment, from a corner of the hall a commotion started.
It’s Sherry-chan. She looked a bit crestfallen and shying away. Behind her was also the figure of Chérie.
When my eyes met hers, she shyly gave me a thumbs up. I don’t know what that means, but that’s not important now.
Meeting Sherry-chan mid-way as she walked up to me, we sat down in seiza.
I wonder if she’s angry……I thought as I looked at her with a nervous expression.
She stared at me with a face of puzzlement.
Why? Thinking about it, I immediately noticed. It’s the notes.
Since I had notes on my forehead that read “Second’s S is for Sadist”, and “Shitty instructor specialist in making girls faint”, I sneered at myself as if to smooth things over and the talked to her.
“Sherry-chan, to be honest, I’m sorry. For hitting you.”
I apologized while lowering my head.
Sherry-chan remained there silently, with her eyes wide open.
“Second, you can have thisー”
And at that moment. Coming back from her food excursion, Eko approached me and stuck a note to my cheek that read “Natural-born shit” that someone must’ve given her.
“I’ll reflect on it! “
Then, almost as a conditioned reflex, I shouted those words.
I don’t know how many seconds a silence fell upon the hall, but then the room was wrapped in a thunderous laugher.
Holding her mouth with both her hands, Sherry-chan was shaking a little.
Great, it doesn’t look like she’s angry…… that’s what I thought, but the next moment.
She started to cry for real.
Even I didn’t expect this to happen!
Wh……What should I do!?
I stood up in a hurry and looked around. For some weird reason, Chérie was looking triumphantly at me giving me thumbs up. Irie-san’s group was smiling with an expression of “It can’t be helped”. Silvia was looking coldly at me, and Eko, she was immersed in her food.
“S-Sorry. It was my bad. Hey, what’s wrong……Oh!? “
As I hurriedly tried to find out what happened, Sherry-chan slowly rested herself on my chest. When I caught her, Sherry-chan clung to me as she continued to cry. I have no idea what’s going on. From the crowd, some people whistled, at whom Silvia then sent a murderous glare, for some reason Chérie stared intently at us, and Eko…… are you seriously still eating?!
And then, continuing like this, the night ended on a noisy note――
Thank you for reading.
- HP Hit Points
- MP Magic Points
- SP Stamina Points
- STR Short range attack skill power, strength, physical power.
- DEX Long range attack skill power, dexterity, hit rate.
- AGI Quickness, avoidance rate.
- INT Attack Magic skill power.
- LUK Good luck, critical rate.
- VIT Simple defense.
- MGR Magic defense.
Types of combat skills
Named after shogi pieces (The word in bold is the one being used in this translation). From easier to acquire to harder.
- Pawn/Soldier (Fuhyou)
- Knight (Keima)
- Silver General (Ginshou)
- Gold General (Kinshou)
- Bishop (Kakugyou)
- Rook (Hisha)
- Promoted Bishop/Dragon Horse(Ryuuma)
- Promoted Rook/Dragon King (Ryuuou).
List of Swordsmanship skills
- 《Soldier Swordsmanship》 Normal attack.
- 《Lance Swordsmanship》 Piercing attack.
- 《Knight Swordsmanship》 Precision attack.
- 《Silver Swordsmanship》 Strong single-target attack.
- 《Gold Swordsmanship》 Small-range attack to all directions.
- 《Bishop Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Rook Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Swordsmanship》 ???
List of Shieldmanship skills
- 《Soldier Shieldmanship》 Normal defense.
- 《Lance Shieldmanship》 Piercing deflection.
- 《Knight Shieldmanship》 Defense + knockback.
- 《Silver Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Gold Shieldmanship》 Ranged guided defense + knockback.
- 《Bishop Shieldmanship》 Reinforced defense (Temporarily boosts VIT and MGR)
- 《Rook Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Shieldmanship》 ???
List of Archery skills
- 《Soldier Archery》 Normal range attack.
- 《Lance Archery》 Piercing range attack.
- 《Knight Archery》 Precise sniping range attack.
- 《Silver Archery》 Strong single-target range attack.
- 《Gold Archery》 Weaker range attack with added knockback.
- 《Bishop Archery》 Strong piercing range attack.
- 《Rook Archery》 Very strong single-target range attack with scaling % damage.
- 《Dragon Horse Archery》 Powerful piercing range attack.
- 《Dragon King Archery》 Powerful on-impact range attack.
Types of Magic skills
They use the “Form” or “step” system of martial arts. From lower to higher.
- First Form Regular attack
- Second Form Extended range attack
- Third Form Strong single target attack
- Fourth Form Strong extended range attack
- Fifth Form Extremely powerful extended range attack
- Their cast time becomes longer in this order First→Third→Second→Fourth→Fifth.
Ranking of the skills
From lower to higher, then it changes to the “Dan” system of martial arts, which means Grade.
- 16th class
- 15th class
- 14th class
- 13th class
- 12h class
- 11th class
- 10th class
- 9th class
- 8th class
- 7th class
- 6th class
- 5th class
- 4th class
- 3rd class
- 2nd class
- 1st class
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- Grade 9