42 A Loner’s Scheme
The female doctor of the Earl’s House examined Eko and determined that, due to overeating, her gastrointestinal activity declined and caused abdominal bloating, and symptoms such as mild dyspnea were present.
By following her instructions, she will quickly recover by resting in a comfortable posture.
Eko said “But it was a waste to leave the food there”, almost like she hasn’t repented. Was it because it was that delicious? Or maybe some habit of cat-type demihumans? At any rate, it will be necessary for us to manage the amount of food she consumes. Eko becoming fat isn’t the same as a fat cat, since that will interfere with her main role.
Along with a “Thank goodness”, everyone felt relieved for now.
After relaxing in a large communal bath, similar to those of a public bathhouse, I spent the night in a room that was nothing short of those of a luxury hotel.
Breakfast was served in a buffet style, and then the final meeting was held.
According to what Yukari said, acquiring such a volume of Mithril Alloy as to be enough to make a profit of over 30 billion CL will be tough. I’m not sure about the details, but what I have to do is quite simple. And it would be a nice bonus to earn that much valuable experience while in the Proline Dungeon.
After the meeting was over, we had lunch with some important people. What we were brought were heavy, high-quality bento boxes. Silvia and Eko seemed to also be eating the same high-class lunch in another room at the mansion.
After that, we signed the contract and the procedures were finished.
“I’m looking forward to seeing you again, and everyone in Firstest.”
The Earl had a beaming face. It’s great he’s happy.
After politely returning the greeting, we left the mansion.
“Will you go back to the town of Badgordo? “
As we prepared to leave, Forest-san called out to us. Apparently, he will be bringing us back. Furthermore, it seems he took care of our horses during our stay here. I can feel the fur of Seventh Teiō was getting slightly better. They really left nothing to be desired.
“Hey, what should we do now? “
“Hmm? What do you mean? “
“Well, you know, about sightseeing Leñador?”
“I leave it to Master’s discretion.”
“Discretion! ” (TLN: just as a side note, Eko tends to repeat the last word someone said when she answers most of the time)
“I’m fine with whichever you choose.”
Seems like the girls aren’t really in the mood for sightseeing. Then, I guess this was enough.
“Alright, then, let’s go back…… eh? “
Then, it suddenly came to mind.
A feeling like I’ve forgotten something.
I wonder what was it…… hmm……?
“Well, it doesn’t matter, let’s go back home.”
“――Hey, wait a moment! “
“I will go together with you all too! “
I completely forgot it. I forgot about the stubborn tomboyish Earl’s daughter that picked a fight with me.
Forest-san, confused by her actions said “Young lady, that is…”, to which Chérie just pushed through while saying “You’re annoying! “, and got inside the carriage.
…………Eh, do I really need to ride with her? With this ‘tsun tsun’ girl? Half a day with her?
“This…… I am very sorry.”
Forest-san looked at me with quite the apologetic face. I guess this is a daily occurrence for him……
“Master, what is the meaning of this? “
And for some reason, Yukari-san looked very scary. What did I do to deserve this?
“……For now, let’s hop inside.”
A huge sigh leaked from me. And after giving up, I too boarded the carriage to go back.
＊ ＊ ＊
An irritating man.
Father fawningly lowered his head to him and gave him a grand welcome.
I heard he was an excellent Spirit User.
Eh… is that sooooo…. hmmmmm.
I am the Earl’s daughter, the youngest Spirit User ever. An A rank adventurer with a promising future. A super, super, super elite who uses an earth spirit. Even if you search the whole world, I’m the only one with this title.
Father, Mother, the guild, the nobles, the commoners, everyone has always complimented me.
……But despite all that.
I’ve never been involved in any “business” like that guy. I’ve never been useful. I’ve never been helpful to anyone. There’s nothing resembling bustle nor liveliness around me.
All there is are comments like “incredible”, just giving me praise. After that, people just leave as if to say I was neither beneficial nor harmful. Wrong, it’s because of this personality of mine. Most likely, people are simply avoiding me.
Yes, I admit it. It’s jealousy. I am jealous of that man.
That’s why I called out to him. I figured that way I would understand the difference in our positions.
Spirit User Second.
If I had to use one phrase to describe him, it would be “a strange person”.
Always wearing an expression of composure. He never humbled himself just because I was the Earl’s daughter. Neither was he hesitant. He was actually quite rude, never taking me seriously.
I feel something was wrong with me.
I should’ve been jealous, I should’ve been disgusted, but deep inside my heart I began to think such a foolish talk with him was ‘rather comfortable’.
I wonder if friends are something like that.
He not only received my “harsh words”, he even took them as a ‘tsukkomi’. I never thought that would be so pleasant.
I felt like I was looking at myself in a mirror, and started to think he might actually be really kind. If that’s the case, then……
……No, nonono. I’m being deceived.
This is probably that, I’m just being deceived by that kind mask.
That calmness and his attitude, I’m sure he’s trying to make a fool out of me.
I’ll never acknowledge it. If I accept it, I lose. Yes, I’ll make him acknowledge me.
I’ll make him understand. The difference in our positions, that is. Am I going to let him get ahead of himself just because he signed a contract with Father?
I also have to make him respect me. He won’t be able to oppose the genius, Chérie-sama.
And then, and then……
＊ ＊ ＊
- HP Hit Points
- MP Magic Points
- SP Stamina Points
- STR Short range attack skill power, strength, physical power.
- DEX Long range attack skill power, dexterity, hit rate.
- AGI Quickness, avoidance rate.
- INT Attack Magic skill power.
- LUK Good luck, critical rate.
- VIT Simple defense.
- MGR Magic defense.
Types of combat skills
Named after shogi pieces (The word in bold is the one being used in this translation). From easier to acquire to harder.
- Pawn/Soldier (Fuhyou)
- Knight (Keima)
- Silver General (Ginshou)
- Gold General (Kinshou)
- Bishop (Kakugyou)
- Rook (Hisha)
- Promoted Bishop/Dragon Horse(Ryuuma)
- Promoted Rook/Dragon King (Ryuuou).
List of Swordsmanship skills
- 《Soldier Swordsmanship》 Normal attack.
- 《Lance Swordsmanship》 Piercing attack.
- 《Knight Swordsmanship》 Precision attack.
- 《Silver Swordsmanship》 Strong single-target attack.
- 《Gold Swordsmanship》 Small-range attack to all directions.
- 《Bishop Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Rook Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Swordsmanship》 ???
List of Shieldmanship skills
- 《Soldier Shieldmanship》 Normal defense.
- 《Lance Shieldmanship》 Piercing deflection.
- 《Knight Shieldmanship》 Defense + knockback.
- 《Silver Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Gold Shieldmanship》 Ranged guided defense + knockback.
- 《Bishop Shieldmanship》 Reinforced defense (Temporarily boosts VIT and MGR)
- 《Rook Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Shieldmanship》 ???
List of Archery skills
- 《Soldier Archery》 Normal range attack.
- 《Lance Archery》 Piercing range attack.
- 《Knight Archery》 Precise sniping range attack.
- 《Silver Archery》 Strong single-target range attack.
- 《Gold Archery》 Weaker range attack with added knockback.
- 《Bishop Archery》 Strong piercing range attack.
- 《Rook Archery》 Very strong single-target range attack with scaling % damage.
- 《Dragon Horse Archery》 Powerful piercing range attack.
- 《Dragon King Archery》 Powerful on-impact range attack.
Types of Magic skills
They use the “Form” or “step” system of martial arts. From lower to higher.
- First Form Regular attack
- Second Form Extended range attack
- Third Form Strong single target attack
- Fourth Form Strong extended range attack
- Fifth Form Extremely powerful extended range attack
- Their cast time becomes longer in this order First→Third→Second→Fourth→Fifth.
Ranking of the skills
From lower to higher, then it changes to the “Dan” system of martial arts, which means Grade.
- 16th class
- 15th class
- 14th class
- 13th class
- 12h class
- 11th class
- 10th class
- 9th class
- 8th class
- 7th class
- 6th class
- 5th class
- 4th class
- 3rd class
- 2nd class
- 1st class
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- Grade 9