“Master. This is the result after four months.”
After breakfast. Yukari showed me items that have been given various effects. That’s right, during these past four months, Yukari has been practicing Bestowal.
【Blacksmith】‘s main skills are 《Manufacture》 and 《Disassembly》, and after having 《Bestowal Magic》 at a high level, it can now be properly utilized. And this is about bestowal.
“This one too…… it’s amazing.”
I couldn’t help but to raise my voice in admiration. Yukari lowered her head in silence and remained expressionless, however, her elven ears were raised in happiness. I’m sure she’s proud of her own achievements.
Well, that’s only natural. Bestowal is an area that really requires patience, when compared to other skills, to the point where I want to avoid it at all costs.
Let me explain in more detail. Bestowal is basically a repetition of 「Bestowal→Disassembly→Manufacture→Bestowal」 over and over again. 《Bestowal Magic》 is a skill that randomly bestows a certain effect on a specific item. In other words, until the desired effect is bestowed, all you keep getting are failures. Of course, you can even fail to bestow an effect. But that’s not all. If the bestowal fails, or if you don’t get the desired effect, you need to 《Disassembly》 the equipment, returning it to its raw materials, then use 《Manufacture》 once again and then apply 《Bestowal Magic》. If it fails, you just repeat the Disassembly, Manufacture, Bestowal cycle once again…… continuing until you’re done.
And obviously, the materials obtained from 《Disassembly》 are just a fraction. Therefore, it’s necessary to buy more materials for 《Manufacture》, and the more it fails, the more you need to spend on materials.
This time, she was instructed to only use the materials Silvia and Eko brought from the Limptfert Dungeon as a test, so the material cost was zero. However, in return, the Bestowed equipment that was created was only of intermediate class. In other words, low risk, low return. But once you start working with A-Class materials, you become aware of the severity of it.
Well, the bottom line is, I wasn’t really expecting much from this in the end. However…… I think I can say “as expected of the Blacksmith Master-growth type”, she managed to surpass my expectations.
There were three items that Yukari was proud of after these 4 months.
The first one was a foot equipment called 『Anaguma Shellrock Shoes』. These are shoes belonging to the Shellrock series made from the material of the Rock Turtle boss in the Limptfert Dungeon. The “Anaguma” name at the start represents the effect given by bestowal. The effect is a simple, yet powerful “VIT of the wearer increased to 150%”. That’s the highest in the Bestowal defense class.
Next was the 『Anaguma Shellrock Armor』. This was also an Anaguma bestowal. Armor of the Anaguma class is certainly quite suited for a shield user. In other words, the perfect equipment for Eko.
And finally, the 『Kakugawari Shell Earrings』. The effect of Kakugawari being “An increase of 5% to the wearer’s critical rate” might seem a little bland at first glance. However, to be honest, the Kakugawari was the Bestowal that most players wanted.
In addition to the 6 equipment slots: weapon, head, torso, legs, hands, and feet; accessories could be worn in four additional slots, arms, fingers, ears, and neck. A total of 10 slots, and if you’re able to acquire equipment with Kakugawari bestowed on all of them, the result will be “50% increased critical rate”. That’s right, and if you add your own status to it, you might be able to achieve a critical rate of 100%. So, in a way, the Kakugawari Bestowal is sort of a player’s romance.
“Thank you very much.”
There’s no other way to put it other than that. In four months, she produced three hits. I’d love for her to keep giving it her all.
I asked her to give the two Anaguma pieces to Eko and the Kakugawari earrings to Silvia. Yukari nodded happily, visibly in a great mood.
“That’s right, I also need to give you some reward, Yukari.”
Incidentally, I noticed it. There might be problems if I give stuff to Silvia and Eko, but nothing to Yukari.
“No. You already gave me this bitc–ahem, this summoned spirit.”
……Why do I get the feeling that problems are already occurring? I better take action soon.
“Then, that’s the reward for the Bestowal. But I also need to give you some reward for always taking care of me. Is there something you want? “
“Something I want? ……Is anything okay? “
“Yeah, anything, just say it.”
The moment I said “anything” Yukari’s eyes shined brightly. I feel like I just said something I shouldn’t have, but it’s already too late.
And then, a shocking statement came.
“……Then, tonight…… in my room ……uhmm, I’ll be waiting.”
Ehh……Does that mean…………?
“……So that’s what you want? “
I spoke out involuntarily. Yukari then nodded shyly while looking down, her ears reddened.
She hid her face behind her long beautiful purple hair, so her expression wasn’t visible, but her mouth, which could barely be seen was embarrassedly happy. From the flow of events, I could perfectly understand she said that while fully prepared.
I see. So, there’s that.
I made a woman go this far and actually say it. If I don’t answer to her here, I can’t call myself a man.
“I’ll go no matter what.”
I simply said that and left.
It was also a good time to leave since it’s almost lunchtime. We’ll be seeing each other soon.
……But in the end, I couldn’t even savor the lunch.
Thank you for reading.
- HP Hit Points
- MP Magic Points
- SP Stamina Points
- STR Short range attack skill power, strength, physical power.
- DEX Long range attack skill power, dexterity, hit rate.
- AGI Quickness, avoidance rate.
- INT Attack Magic skill power.
- LUK Good luck, critical rate.
- VIT Simple defense.
- MGR Magic defense.
Types of combat skills
Named after shogi pieces (The word in bold is the one being used in this translation). From easier to acquire to harder.
- Pawn/Soldier (Fuhyou)
- Knight (Keima)
- Silver General (Ginshou)
- Gold General (Kinshou)
- Bishop (Kakugyou)
- Rook (Hisha)
- Promoted Bishop/Dragon Horse(Ryuuma)
- Promoted Rook/Dragon King (Ryuuou).
List of Swordsmanship skills
- 《Soldier Swordsmanship》 Normal attack.
- 《Lance Swordsmanship》 Piercing attack.
- 《Knight Swordsmanship》 Precision attack.
- 《Silver Swordsmanship》 Strong single-target attack.
- 《Gold Swordsmanship》 Small-range attack to all directions.
- 《Bishop Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Rook Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Swordsmanship》 ???
List of Shieldmanship skills
- 《Soldier Shieldmanship》 Normal defense.
- 《Lance Shieldmanship》 Piercing deflection.
- 《Knight Shieldmanship》 Defense + knockback.
- 《Silver Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Gold Shieldmanship》 Ranged guided defense + knockback.
- 《Bishop Shieldmanship》 Reinforced defense (Temporarily boosts VIT and MGR)
- 《Rook Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Shieldmanship》 ???
List of Archery skills
- 《Soldier Archery》 Normal range attack.
- 《Lance Archery》 Piercing range attack.
- 《Knight Archery》 Precise sniping range attack.
- 《Silver Archery》 Strong single-target range attack.
- 《Gold Archery》 Weaker range attack with added knockback.
- 《Bishop Archery》 Strong piercing range attack.
- 《Rook Archery》 Very strong single-target range attack with scaling % damage.
- 《Dragon Horse Archery》 Powerful piercing range attack.
- 《Dragon King Archery》 Powerful on-impact range attack.
Types of Magic skills
They use the “Form” or “step” system of martial arts. From lower to higher.
- First Form Regular attack
- Second Form Extended range attack
- Third Form Strong single target attack
- Fourth Form Strong extended range attack
- Fifth Form Extremely powerful extended range attack
- Their cast time becomes longer in this order First→Third→Second→Fourth→Fifth.
Ranking of the skills
From lower to higher, then it changes to the “Dan” system of martial arts, which means Grade.
- 16th class
- 15th class
- 14th class
- 13th class
- 12h class
- 11th class
- 10th class
- 9th class
- 8th class
- 7th class
- 6th class
- 5th class
- 4th class
- 3rd class
- 2nd class
- 1st class
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- Grade 9