52 A Nasty Opponent
After talking all night, it was now morning.
I somehow managed to convince the three girls. I’ll have to report daily using the team-limited communication. That might be a little troublesome, but I suppose it can’t be helped.
I also instructed Silvia and Eko to have a special training by ‘fighting at the Limptfert Dungeon alone’ while I’m away. However, it’s not like they are going to be diving into the dungeon alone; the two will enter, but one will fight while the other one watches from behind.
“Wouldn’t this be a little hard for Eko? “
Silvia was saying such a thing. Certainly, Eko can only use 【Shieldmanship】 and 【Healing Magic】. It will take her a considerable amount of time to defeat even one of the monsters along the way.
However, the answer to her question was no. I told Silvia that, if anything, she had it harder.
With this special training, these two will surely know the importance of the forward guard and the rear guard. They need to not get too full of themselves. And it will really be helpful if they grow by the time I get back.
Yukari, on the other hand, was made to take a vacation.
……However, she said she would be ashamed if she were the only one not doing anything, so I asked her for a single long-term issue. As soon as her 《Disassembly》 skill is at Grade 9, she will be starting to get actively engaged.
And thus, it was such a farewell with them.
When I left the mansion a lot of servants were lined up in front of the gate, and together with the three girls, they saw me off.
I was a little embarrassed, so I simply told them “Thank you” and rode off on top of Seventh Teiō.
From here, I’ll be heading towards the town of Pae Ho. From there, I’ll then head towards the port town Koula and head off to the sea by boat. A small island nearby is the location of an upper-class dungeon called 『Isoreus』.
Since I have to make a small detour to the Ashaspern Dungeon, I will stay overnight in the town of Pae Ho. The next day, I will travel all day and stay the night in Koula. In other words, the day after tomorrow is when I challenge Isoreus.
Using 《Spirit Summoning》, I called for my reliable companion whom I will be fighting along with for a long time, in manner mode.
“（――Why did you call me while riding, my Second? ）“
The minute I summoned him, the Great Spirit King Angolmois spoke to me using telepathic communication.
“（I’ll share some information since I’ll be fighting a very strong enemy. ）“
“（What?! Is that true?!）“
Angolmois visibly became in high spirits. I already figured it out a bit, but this guy is seriously a fighting maniac.
“（Calm down. I said very strong, but I think I expressed myself wrong. ）“
“（What do you mean? ）“
“（It is very strong. Incredibly so. To the point where if one were to win against it the first time they fight it, I would get naked and prostrate before them. ）“
“（Hoo! So, there’s an opponent who can make my Second say that?! My blood is boiling! Fuhahaha! ）“
“（That enemy is the Darkness Wolf. I want to tame it. ）“
“（Tame, you say?! Tame such a strong enemy?!）“
“（That’s right. I need to half-kill it, then try to tame it, and if that fails I’ll just start over again. I’ll be repeating this. ）“
“（What a brave feat. Admirable. However, hmm…… That will be a long fight. ）“
We arrived at Pae Ho while talking about it.
After securing the lodging, we headed towards Ashaspern.
“（Why did you come here? ）“
“（To get the horn of a goblin mage. Well, to put it simply, it’s just something to use as a ‘last resort’. ）”
“（……Hohoo. You don’t leave anything to chance. ）“
Through the sense of unity I could tell Angolmois was impressed by my preparations.
After collecting the goblin mage’s horn we returned to Pae Ho.
And since we were already here, I bought some high-class potions from the specialty store. 10 million CL in total. I already have in my inventory enough potions that one wouldn’t use them all for a lifetime, but it doesn’t hurt to buy some more when I have the chance. That is because from now on, I’ll consume so many of them it even hurts me to think about.
The next day.
From the morning, we went to the port town Koula while I rode on Seventh Teiō.
Taking advantage of the spare time I talked to Angolmois, who was still in manner mode, in order to share the information I had.
“（I’ll think of the basic information I know of the Darkness Wolf, so please check it with the sense of unity. ）”
“（As you wish. ）“
Alright, so far the preparations look good. For starters, let’s think about the Darkness Wolf’s basic skills.
《Darkness Shift》： Transforms from Wolf-form to Human-form and vice versa. The transformation time is 8 seconds.
《Darkness Transfer》： Instantly transfer yourself to a previously known location. However, the transfer destination must be a shadow.
《Darkness Summon》： Human-form only. Instantly transfer something other than yourself to a recorded location. However, the transfer destination must be a shadow.
《Darkness Magic》： Human-form only. Emits a fog of darkness that 「Forcibly lowers the remaining HP to 1」 at a wide area in front. Preparation time: 3 seconds.
《Darkness Howl》： Wolf-form only. Strong long-range attack to the front. Preparation time: 2 seconds.
《False Shadow》： Negates attacks received from the moment it activates. No preparation time, active time: 3 seconds, cooldown time: 30 seconds.
※ Physical attacks are nullified when in wolf-form, magic attacks are nullified when in human-form.
- HP Hit Points
- MP Magic Points
- SP Stamina Points
- STR Short range attack skill power, strength, physical power.
- DEX Long range attack skill power, dexterity, hit rate.
- AGI Quickness, avoidance rate.
- INT Attack Magic skill power.
- LUK Good luck, critical rate.
- VIT Simple defense.
- MGR Magic defense.
Types of combat skills
Named after shogi pieces (The word in bold is the one being used in this translation). From easier to acquire to harder.
- Pawn/Soldier (Fuhyou)
- Knight (Keima)
- Silver General (Ginshou)
- Gold General (Kinshou)
- Bishop (Kakugyou)
- Rook (Hisha)
- Promoted Bishop/Dragon Horse(Ryuuma)
- Promoted Rook/Dragon King (Ryuuou).
List of Swordsmanship skills
- 《Soldier Swordsmanship》 Normal attack.
- 《Lance Swordsmanship》 Piercing attack.
- 《Knight Swordsmanship》 Precision attack.
- 《Silver Swordsmanship》 Strong single-target attack.
- 《Gold Swordsmanship》 Small-range attack to all directions.
- 《Bishop Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Rook Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Swordsmanship》 ???
List of Shieldmanship skills
- 《Soldier Shieldmanship》 Normal defense.
- 《Lance Shieldmanship》 Piercing deflection.
- 《Knight Shieldmanship》 Defense + knockback.
- 《Silver Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Gold Shieldmanship》 Ranged guided defense + knockback.
- 《Bishop Shieldmanship》 Reinforced defense (Temporarily boosts VIT and MGR)
- 《Rook Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Shieldmanship》 ???
List of Archery skills
- 《Soldier Archery》 Normal range attack.
- 《Lance Archery》 Piercing range attack.
- 《Knight Archery》 Precise sniping range attack.
- 《Silver Archery》 Strong single-target range attack.
- 《Gold Archery》 Weaker range attack with added knockback.
- 《Bishop Archery》 Strong piercing range attack.
- 《Rook Archery》 Very strong single-target range attack with scaling % damage.
- 《Dragon Horse Archery》 Powerful piercing range attack.
- 《Dragon King Archery》 Powerful on-impact range attack.
Types of Magic skills
They use the “Form” or “step” system of martial arts. From lower to higher.
- First Form Regular attack
- Second Form Extended range attack
- Third Form Strong single target attack
- Fourth Form Strong extended range attack
- Fifth Form Extremely powerful extended range attack
- Their cast time becomes longer in this order First→Third→Second→Fourth→Fifth.
Ranking of the skills
From lower to higher, then it changes to the “Dan” system of martial arts, which means Grade.
- 16th class
- 15th class
- 14th class
- 13th class
- 12h class
- 11th class
- 10th class
- 9th class
- 8th class
- 7th class
- 6th class
- 5th class
- 4th class
- 3rd class
- 2nd class
- 1st class
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- Grade 9