51 Preparations Completed
We spent three whole days learning 《Transform》.
Once we had the equipment, the skills and the target to make the repdigit damage, all we had left to do was to pray to heaven for us to be lucky. Therefore, it took a while.
Well, that was fine. But the thing is.
……What I was afraid of, became a reality.
“In the name of the Knights of Justice, I will bring judgement upon you, bastard! ――Transform!”
Currently in the garden of the mansion in the east.
Silvia was practicing poses alone against a palm tree, thinking nobody was watching her. Then, before I knew it, she was also trying to change her lines.
“Hmm, for my chivalry……no, your sins have been……」
And thus, she tried to improve them.
I would like her to stop walking around while muttering those lines since she totally looks like a suspicious person, after all, she can’t transform again until the transformation wears off.
By the way, in case you’re wondering what kind of appearance one has after transforming, that’s quite simple. The color and patterns on the gear currently equipped changes, and a mask and a cloak are added. With 《Transform》 you can select any of the four major attributes. In the case of Silvia, since she chose 『Fire Attribute Transform』, her equipment became the color of a flame, and the mask she wears is also fire-like, her cloak appearing as if she was wearing a flame.
However, as you’d expect from what was a game, it’s not just a fire-like pattern. It’s more like “living flames”. And they are in 3D. Her whole body looked like it was actually engulfed in flames. And since that’s an appearance you wouldn’t see in reality, it looks very cool. That can be said to be the main reason Silvia got addicted to using it.
Well then. An unexpected point came to light with this attribute selection thing for me.
That’s right, I was able to choose 『Lightning Attribute Transform』. Of course, leaving aside the four major attributes, this was a transformation I had never heard about.
And I was even more surprised when I actually transformed. Unlike Angolmois’ red-black lightning, mine was a blue-black lightning. And it gushed out from my whole body. The design of the mask and cloak was one I had never seen either.
A never-seen-before design―― no way. Was it an element originally hidden? Or maybe, it just something newly designed?
There’s no problem if it’s the former. But if it’s the latter, most likely this world has received an “update”.
In other words, there are elements that have been added that I’m not aware of. This gives me both anxiety and joy at the same time.
In any case, this is a problem I can’t do anything about, so no use worrying about it. But I have to keep it in mind. If I am to reign as the top in the world, then eventually I’ll face something unknown.
“Divine punishment――First Shot! “
I decided to ignore Silvia, who started practicing her special attack and went to see Yukari.
In addition to ordering certain weapons and armor, I need her to do 《Performance Enhancement》――
It’s been a while since then.
I think around two weeks have passed. We’ve been earning experience all this time.
I’ve got companions. I’ve got a home to return to. That home is a mansion. This truly is great! We’re filled with motivation.
However, Silvia and Eko’s Dragon Horse and Dragon King haven’t gone up that easily. The required experience points are ridiculously high. And adding to that, that stupid Silvia trying to pointlessly raise 《Transform》 has made it even less efficient.
Yukari, on the other hand, has gotten her 《Disassembly》 skill decently up. It’s almost time for her to begin playing an active role as a blacksmith.
And, as for me――
“……Alright, preparations completed.”
――I’m ready. My preparations have been completed.
As of right now, I’ve raised 《Transform》 to Grade 9.
The skills I needed to ‘prepare’ were 《Rook Archery》at Grade 9, 《Bishop Swordsmanship》 at Grade 9, 《Dragon King Swordsmanship》at Grade 6, 《Lightning Attribute・Third Form》 at Grade 6, 《Critical》 at Grade 9, 《Spirit Possession》 at Grade 9, 《Transform》 at Grade 9, and 《Tame》 to the 11th Class.
Any attribute of magic was fine, but I chose Lightning Attribute just because I felt like it. 《Transform》 was quickly raised to Grade 9 due to its low experience requirements. And although I’d have liked to get 《Dragon King Swordsmanship》 to Grade 9, I stopped there because of the incredibly high amount of experience required to raise it from 6 to 9.
《Tame》 is from the 【Summoning Magic】 system, a skill to train monsters, and at the 11th class it can be used on 「Wolf-type monsters」. It can be used when the monster’s health was in the remaining 2/10s of HP, and while the probability is said to be 20%, that probability greatly varies depending on the type and strength of the target monster. By the way, increasing the skill’s rank also increases the success probability and the variety of monsters that can be tamed with it.
For what reason did I go through these preparations?
The answer is, I made all these preparations in order to tame a certain monster…… no, a certain demon.
Its name is 「Darkness Wolf」.
- HP Hit Points
- MP Magic Points
- SP Stamina Points
- STR Short range attack skill power, strength, physical power.
- DEX Long range attack skill power, dexterity, hit rate.
- AGI Quickness, avoidance rate.
- INT Attack Magic skill power.
- LUK Good luck, critical rate.
- VIT Simple defense.
- MGR Magic defense.
Types of combat skills
Named after shogi pieces (The word in bold is the one being used in this translation). From easier to acquire to harder.
- Pawn/Soldier (Fuhyou)
- Knight (Keima)
- Silver General (Ginshou)
- Gold General (Kinshou)
- Bishop (Kakugyou)
- Rook (Hisha)
- Promoted Bishop/Dragon Horse(Ryuuma)
- Promoted Rook/Dragon King (Ryuuou).
List of Swordsmanship skills
- 《Soldier Swordsmanship》 Normal attack.
- 《Lance Swordsmanship》 Piercing attack.
- 《Knight Swordsmanship》 Precision attack.
- 《Silver Swordsmanship》 Strong single-target attack.
- 《Gold Swordsmanship》 Small-range attack to all directions.
- 《Bishop Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Rook Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Swordsmanship》 ???
List of Shieldmanship skills
- 《Soldier Shieldmanship》 Normal defense.
- 《Lance Shieldmanship》 Piercing deflection.
- 《Knight Shieldmanship》 Defense + knockback.
- 《Silver Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Gold Shieldmanship》 Ranged guided defense + knockback.
- 《Bishop Shieldmanship》 Reinforced defense (Temporarily boosts VIT and MGR)
- 《Rook Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Shieldmanship》 ???
List of Archery skills
- 《Soldier Archery》 Normal range attack.
- 《Lance Archery》 Piercing range attack.
- 《Knight Archery》 Precise sniping range attack.
- 《Silver Archery》 Strong single-target range attack.
- 《Gold Archery》 Weaker range attack with added knockback.
- 《Bishop Archery》 Strong piercing range attack.
- 《Rook Archery》 Very strong single-target range attack with scaling % damage.
- 《Dragon Horse Archery》 Powerful piercing range attack.
- 《Dragon King Archery》 Powerful on-impact range attack.
Types of Magic skills
They use the “Form” or “step” system of martial arts. From lower to higher.
- First Form Regular attack
- Second Form Extended range attack
- Third Form Strong single target attack
- Fourth Form Strong extended range attack
- Fifth Form Extremely powerful extended range attack
- Their cast time becomes longer in this order First→Third→Second→Fourth→Fifth.
Ranking of the skills
From lower to higher, then it changes to the “Dan” system of martial arts, which means Grade.
- 16th class
- 15th class
- 14th class
- 13th class
- 12h class
- 11th class
- 10th class
- 9th class
- 8th class
- 7th class
- 6th class
- 5th class
- 4th class
- 3rd class
- 2nd class
- 1st class
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- Grade 9