48 Dream House.
As soon as Master and the other two left to go dragon hunting, I went to visit Earl Lumberjack’s house.
The Mithril Alloy was sent little by little, at the pace of once every two days, so all that was left was to receive the payment; 30 billion CL in total.
“Yukari-sama, I’ve already been informed. Everything is going smoothly.”
“That’s really helpful.”
Forest, the Earl’s family steward, welcomed me.
As we had discussed previously, I will be allowed to stay at the Earl’s house until Master returns. The Earl’s side was quick to give consent.
I’m not such an idiot who would wander around carrying 30 billion CL. I also considered hiring an escort, but I felt a bit unsure about it. And, since being by Master’s side would be the safest place in the world, I decided it would be better to just quietly wait here.
However, I’m not only waiting.
Make the arrangements to purchase a luxurious home―― Master has already given me that task.
For the sake of the discussions about it, I decided to rent a room in the Earl’s house and set up a space.
Developers, construction companies, carpenters and the Capital’s top contractors. Everyone who was focused on ultra-high-end residential areas in the outskirts of the Kingdom’s Capital was called. When buying a mansion, it’s okay to just call the seller, but that isn’t enough to fulfill Master’s wonderful dream.
Soon after, important traders enticed by the smell of money visited the room. Each and every one of them fawned and humbled themselves at me, a Dark Elf. I then realized the huge affects the name of the Earl who governed this commercial city carried.
Well then, let’s get down to business.
When Master was investigating about what kind of mansion to purchase, he said this:
“This one is much smaller than what I had in mind”――
The largest and most expensive mansion in the outskirts of the Capital was priced at 2.5 billion CL, but even then, it wasn’t suitable in Master’s eyes. Then, what should be done? Master said this, his face a full smile.
“We should buy the nine here in the 3×3 grid, and all the land in between, building a huge one.”――
……Even if he was my beloved Master, for a moment I thought he was being foolish.
However, looking up to him, I saw his eyes were sparkling.
- “The northwestern one will be a mansion with the motif of Capital of Water.”
- “At the north, a medium mansion similar to a forest’s retreat.”
- “The northeast will be a hot springs’ inn-like mansion.”
- ” A standard luxurious mansion with a large garden and a pool at the east.”
- “Let’s make the southeast a mansion for the servants.”
- ” The middle and the south side should be attached, building a huge castle in it.”
- “The southwest should have a lake-side mansion overlooking Lake Vanilla.”
- “A Japanese-styled mansion at the west, built on the side of the marsh.”
He certainly said so. I clearly remember it, word for word.
That being the case, there’s only one thing for me to do.
Take the first step towards realizing my Master’s dream.
After explaining my request, everyone was silent.
Well, it’s only obvious. This is something unheard of before.
“I would appreciate it if you could give me an estimate.”
I bowed politely to everyone, letting them know with a glance that “I’m being very serious”. After the traders’ faces were dyed in surprise, they quickly moved on to working the numbers.
Estimates from each trader arrived that very same night.
The property cost, the land, and the remodeling; all in all, it came to a total of approximately 21.6 billion CL.
……I’ve never heard of a person spending so much on a house. Even the Royal family would spend less. As expected of Master, he wants his house to be the very best in the world.
“Well, next is……”
I sent a written reply to each person stating that we’ll make a decision after looking at the actual thing, before continuing with the purchase and construction. Then, I let my back rest on the chair.
With this, everything is ready. All that’s left is deciding what I should do about the ‘servants’.
While immersing myself in those thoughts, the door was suddenly knocked. The one visiting was a maid from the Earl. It should still be early for dinner and there were no plans to welcome any other visitor……
“Excuse me. Phillip-sama, the president of the Maurice Slave Company, has come. What should I do? “
I’ve never forgotten about that existence, one that could disrupt the peace between me and my Master. However, for them to aim at me the moment I’m by myself!
Perhaps one of the merchants from before made some slip of the tongue. I always thought this was some issue I had to face eventually, but I didn’t expect it to be today.
I’m no longer a slave. I was ‘broken free’ by my Master. Therefore, my contract at the Maurice Company should no longer exist. I can’t run away from this.
What should I do? There’s the option of meeting with him. However, in that case, I can’t deny that the relationship can deteriorate.
At least, seeing how he came here upfront, I can tell he isn’t here to censure. Maybe I should just feign ignorance and meet with him while pretending it happened by accident. However, what if he has already seen through it? Is he here to capture me? But such an act can’t be done inside the Earl’s house. Then, why did he come to visit me?
Seems like discovering whether he’s hostile or not will have to be done after I meet and talk to him.
“……I’m busy right now. Tell him to wait a moment.”
Asking the maid to convey that message, I contacted Master using the Team-limited communication.
The reply came quickly. It was “It’s probably alright”―― Although I’m somewhat anxious. However, since Master said so, it will surely be safe.
“I’m ready. Please bring Phillip-dono.”
After ringing the bell, I gave the maid instructions. The maid answered with “Certainly”, and left the room.
After about five minutes, a fat man with sharp eyes, Phillip the president of the Maurice Company, appeared.
As soon as he laid his eyes on me, Phillip opened his eyes wide and showed a surprised face.
“……Excuse me. It surprised me.”
What did? Without speaking a word, I tried to convey those feelings with my attitude.
“I had a sense of discomfort, so I decided to come see how things were…… But it seems my intuition has grown dull.”
I have no idea what he’s talking about.
“There are some people who are illegally freeing slaves and throwing them into the black market. They are totally a crazy bunch.”
I knew it, he has seen through it!
……No, wait. It doesn’t seem like this man is reproaching Master. What does this mean?
“In that respect, your master is amazing. He properly manages his slave like this.”
“? ? ? “
I’m totally lost. I’m no longer a slave. The contract should have expired too. There’s no way this man isn’t aware of that.
“This is for your dear master. Something your former master entrusted to me.”
“Former, master――!? “
I was shocked. Phillip was presenting a letter to me.
Duchess Lucia Icene. The woman who picked me up when I was an orphan and raised me as an assassin. Was it a letter for Master? Just, why?
“The former Duchess told me to deliver this if the relationship between you and your master was good.”
This man, no, there’s no way!
“You, you know everything……! “
“Ohh? Just what would you be talking about? I was just holding onto this letter.”
“You’re lying, you know I’m actually not a slave.”
“Not at all, that was just my very own misunderstanding. You and Second-sama have a very splendid master-slave relationship.”
Phillip said so with a smile from ear to ear. His intention to feign ignorance was plain to see.
Why would he do such a thing? After thinking about it for a moment, it hit me.
Why did Lucia-sama save my life? Why was I picked up by the Maurice Slave Company? And why was the president of said company ignoring the fact I was broken free?
There’s only one thing that could explain that―― the letter.
Was the purpose of all that to deliver this letter to Master……?
“……Understood. I’ll be sure to deliver it.”
When I answered as so, Phillip bowed down and continued.
“Well then. With this, the task has been completed, so now let’s get down to business.”
Is there something else? While thinking this, Phillip opened his mouth and said.
“By all means, use the slaves from our Maurice Company for the servants.”
＊ ＊ ＊
- HP Hit Points
- MP Magic Points
- SP Stamina Points
- STR Short range attack skill power, strength, physical power.
- DEX Long range attack skill power, dexterity, hit rate.
- AGI Quickness, avoidance rate.
- INT Attack Magic skill power.
- LUK Good luck, critical rate.
- VIT Simple defense.
- MGR Magic defense.
Types of combat skills
Named after shogi pieces (The word in bold is the one being used in this translation). From easier to acquire to harder.
- Pawn/Soldier (Fuhyou)
- Knight (Keima)
- Silver General (Ginshou)
- Gold General (Kinshou)
- Bishop (Kakugyou)
- Rook (Hisha)
- Promoted Bishop/Dragon Horse(Ryuuma)
- Promoted Rook/Dragon King (Ryuuou).
List of Swordsmanship skills
- 《Soldier Swordsmanship》 Normal attack.
- 《Lance Swordsmanship》 Piercing attack.
- 《Knight Swordsmanship》 Precision attack.
- 《Silver Swordsmanship》 Strong single-target attack.
- 《Gold Swordsmanship》 Small-range attack to all directions.
- 《Bishop Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Rook Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Swordsmanship》 ???
List of Shieldmanship skills
- 《Soldier Shieldmanship》 Normal defense.
- 《Lance Shieldmanship》 Piercing deflection.
- 《Knight Shieldmanship》 Defense + knockback.
- 《Silver Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Gold Shieldmanship》 Ranged guided defense + knockback.
- 《Bishop Shieldmanship》 Reinforced defense (Temporarily boosts VIT and MGR)
- 《Rook Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Shieldmanship》 ???
List of Archery skills
- 《Soldier Archery》 Normal range attack.
- 《Lance Archery》 Piercing range attack.
- 《Knight Archery》 Precise sniping range attack.
- 《Silver Archery》 Strong single-target range attack.
- 《Gold Archery》 Weaker range attack with added knockback.
- 《Bishop Archery》 Strong piercing range attack.
- 《Rook Archery》 Very strong single-target range attack with scaling % damage.
- 《Dragon Horse Archery》 Powerful piercing range attack.
- 《Dragon King Archery》 Powerful on-impact range attack.
Types of Magic skills
They use the “Form” or “step” system of martial arts. From lower to higher.
- First Form Regular attack
- Second Form Extended range attack
- Third Form Strong single target attack
- Fourth Form Strong extended range attack
- Fifth Form Extremely powerful extended range attack
- Their cast time becomes longer in this order First→Third→Second→Fourth→Fifth.
Ranking of the skills
From lower to higher, then it changes to the “Dan” system of martial arts, which means Grade.
- 16th class
- 15th class
- 14th class
- 13th class
- 12h class
- 11th class
- 10th class
- 9th class
- 8th class
- 7th class
- 6th class
- 5th class
- 4th class
- 3rd class
- 2nd class
- 1st class
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- Grade 9