“Second-dono. Why do you know the details of a dungeon that hasn’t been cleared before? “
Silvia asked a critical question.
I was at a loss about what to say.
What should I do? Should I make up an excuse? Or reveal the truth to them? What should I do?
“I somehow noticed it…… Ever since the time we met. I wondered if there was a reason for that? “
Yeah, it’s just like she says. There’s a reason. It’s somewhat complicated to explain, and even then, I’m not sure they’d believe me.
Sensing the serious atmosphere surrounding Silvia, Eko and Yukari also looked over here. And even if they were to understand, I’ll still feel like they’d criticize me, and I wouldn’t be able to calm down. There must be a sense of guilt somewhere deep in my mind that feels like this. If so, would it be better if I just came clean about it?
No. I must not tell them.
My circumstances far exceed their comprehension. And things that aren’t understood are just “scary”. Therefore, I should not tell them. We shouldn’t destroy the relationship that we’ve built. The first place in the world will be a fleeting dream if that happens.
Then, Silvia opened her mouth with a dignified look, although I’m not sure whether she knew my inner dilemma or not.
“……You have all my trust. If you want, you can talk to me. I’ll accept anything.”
Strong―― And honest. That’s how I saw her right now.
Even though her trust might crumble, she still had the courage to step in and listen. A never wavering will. An integrity that doesn’t lie. A mind too straight that cannot be shaken. Silvia has that.
I can’t imitate her, I absolutely can never be like her, with her strong and righteous heart; pure, sincere, unblemished.
“Sorry. I will never tell my secret to anyone.”
――I ran away.
I acknowledged there was a secret, and declared that I would never reveal it. A unilateral decision, disregarding Silvia’s strength of mind.
But it’s not that I want to run away. I must run away from this, or else I won’t be able to become the world’s top.
“I won’t speak about it someday. Even to the day I die, I won’t reveal it to anybody…… sorry.”
I lowered my head. I hoped they would shelve this conversation and just return to our usual daily lives.
After a brief silence, Silvia “fu fu fu”, laughed and said with a caring expression.
“I don’t really care. But…… If it gets tough, you can always withdraw that statement.”
……She’s a good woman. I really thought so from the bottom of my heart.
＊ ＊ ＊
After Master returned to his room, the three of us secretly held a meeting.
‘What is Master’s secret? ‘, was the topic. But――
“Hmm. To be honest, I don’t really care.”
I spoke my thoughts.
That’s right, I don’t have any problem no matter what kind of secret Master has. It seemed like Eko thought the same, and she nodded following my response.
“Don’t get me wrong, I feel the same way, but it somehow worries me a little.”
Silvia’s eyes smiled as she said so.
Well, that’s certainly true.
“But, trying to find out Master’s secret…”
“Mmm. I’ve been curious about it, but, you’re no longer a slave, right Yukari? Then why are you still calling Second-dono Master? “
Oops. This person is quite perceptive.
“That’s because I promised I would take care of Master’s daily needs.”
“Is that so? Care for his needs, huh? Like some sort of maid? “
“Yeah, something like that.”
“I see, I see. But, isn’t it strange? What kind of maid gets a 20 million CL starting salary? “
“That’s just my reward as a Blacksmith Master, but what about it? “
Moreover, I’ve almost used up the 20 million already by purchasing some 『Special-grade Maid Clothes』. Master said he will buy a wonderful mansion in the capital, so my debut as a maid will be at that time. If it’s not about that, then I don’t know what this sham of a female knight means. By the way, after checking the price, I noticed these Special-grade Maid Clothes had quite the high performance. However, it’s a mystery why someone would decide to make such high-quality goods only to be worn by a maid.
“Can you be both a maid and a blacksmith? “
“Yes, I’ll show you how beautifully I can accomplish both roles.”
Silvia-san became silent wearing a bitter expression. Hehe, it’s my win.
“I want to be a maid too! “
Eko said while raising her hand. But no, I can’t let that happen.
Since that is my identity, I can’t let someone else have it so easily.
“Anyway, what do you expect Master’s secret to be? Let’s get back to that.”
When I said so, Silvia unfolded her arms and spoke.
“That’s right. What I think is that Second-dono is an intelligence agent from another country, maybe? “
I see, a keen conjecture indeed. If that’s the case, then it’s understandable that he might know details about the dungeon, and also why he can’t reveal his identity.
“So that’s why he denied it so strongly, since he accidentally talked about confidential information.”
“But what I don’t understand is…… if he’s an agent, why does he want to be the top in the world?”
“Ahh, that’s true…”
Well then. We continued to think about it.
As we talked to each other, we came up with some ideas.
“No way, maybe an alien? Or probably a psychic? ” (Silvia)
“Someone from the future! ” (Eko)
“He could also be from a different world……” (Yukari)
While coming up with such wild ideas, our night was over.
＊ ＊ ＊
- HP Hit Points
- MP Magic Points
- SP Stamina Points
- STR Short range attack skill power, strength, physical power.
- DEX Long range attack skill power, dexterity, hit rate.
- AGI Quickness, avoidance rate.
- INT Attack Magic skill power.
- LUK Good luck, critical rate.
- VIT Simple defense.
- MGR Magic defense.
Types of combat skills
Named after shogi pieces (The word in bold is the one being used in this translation). From easier to acquire to harder.
- Pawn/Soldier (Fuhyou)
- Knight (Keima)
- Silver General (Ginshou)
- Gold General (Kinshou)
- Bishop (Kakugyou)
- Rook (Hisha)
- Promoted Bishop/Dragon Horse(Ryuuma)
- Promoted Rook/Dragon King (Ryuuou).
List of Swordsmanship skills
- 《Soldier Swordsmanship》 Normal attack.
- 《Lance Swordsmanship》 Piercing attack.
- 《Knight Swordsmanship》 Precision attack.
- 《Silver Swordsmanship》 Strong single-target attack.
- 《Gold Swordsmanship》 Small-range attack to all directions.
- 《Bishop Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Rook Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Swordsmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Swordsmanship》 ???
List of Shieldmanship skills
- 《Soldier Shieldmanship》 Normal defense.
- 《Lance Shieldmanship》 Piercing deflection.
- 《Knight Shieldmanship》 Defense + knockback.
- 《Silver Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Gold Shieldmanship》 Ranged guided defense + knockback.
- 《Bishop Shieldmanship》 Reinforced defense (Temporarily boosts VIT and MGR)
- 《Rook Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon Horse Shieldmanship》 ???
- 《Dragon King Shieldmanship》 ???
List of Archery skills
- 《Soldier Archery》 Normal range attack.
- 《Lance Archery》 Piercing range attack.
- 《Knight Archery》 Precise sniping range attack.
- 《Silver Archery》 Strong single-target range attack.
- 《Gold Archery》 Weaker range attack with added knockback.
- 《Bishop Archery》 Strong piercing range attack.
- 《Rook Archery》 Very strong single-target range attack with scaling % damage.
- 《Dragon Horse Archery》 Powerful piercing range attack.
- 《Dragon King Archery》 Powerful on-impact range attack.
Types of Magic skills
They use the “Form” or “step” system of martial arts. From lower to higher.
- First Form Regular attack
- Second Form Extended range attack
- Third Form Strong single target attack
- Fourth Form Strong extended range attack
- Fifth Form Extremely powerful extended range attack
- Their cast time becomes longer in this order First→Third→Second→Fourth→Fifth.
Ranking of the skills
From lower to higher, then it changes to the “Dan” system of martial arts, which means Grade.
- 16th class
- 15th class
- 14th class
- 13th class
- 12h class
- 11th class
- 10th class
- 9th class
- 8th class
- 7th class
- 6th class
- 5th class
- 4th class
- 3rd class
- 2nd class
- 1st class
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- Grade 9